Saturday, November 17, 2007

APA Belco Class + Belco Training

Taught a class in Belconnen today. It was a really good class. We only had 16 participants, and didn't make that much money, but we're getting better as instructors. I think that we have finally developed a good format to run our classes. All we have to do now is get better as instructors. I invited Rus to come along, to see how we were as instructors. He said that we did a good job, but there is still room for improvement, as there should be. I got Eliot to film the class, so that we can see how we look as instructors from a third person perspective. Bringing a jug of water was a big hit. We're really starting to improve in how we run the classes.

Afterwards, a few of us hung around for some training. I tried a few new things. I got the cat pass to arm jump off the bridge at the library. My climb ups are also improving. I think I may have the confidence to try the arm jump at the derro apartments. So far only Ruz has tried it, yet along achieved it.

I also met a stuntman who's friends with Jarrod. I'd met him before, at a jam last year. He said that he's building a warehouse for stuntmen, and would like traceurs to use it as well. We'll see what develops from here, but it would be good if we got an indoor area that we could train at, then slowly bring classes to.

Overall it was an awesome day, and at the end of it I was exhausted.

No comments: