Sunday, October 7, 2007

National Conserve 2007 - Melbourne (5 - 7 October)

I've just gotten back from the National Conserve. It was so great!

The amount of training I did was awesome. I'm so tired! I also got to meet heaps of people and spend some time talking with Chippa. He said that he'll be coming down to Canberra to train with us and see whether we can become qualified APA instructors. It also got to improve my skill in a lot of techniques, as well as improve my self-confidence, especially with balancing.

Saturday was the main event, where we were split up into four groups. We then trained all over Melbourne, the hospital scaffolding and the Chinese gardens would have to be highlights for the day. The session lasted for about 8 hours. We then met up later that night for a stealth session. This involved a session of follow-the-leader, giving a lot of focus to balancing.

The next day a class was run. It lasted for about 3 hours, but it was a really intense session. I was already extremely exhausted from the day before, so I had to push myself. The conditioning in the class was also extremely intense.

Overall National Conserve 2007 was awesome. I had the best time. There is even talk of National Jam being held in Canberra next year, but we'll have to see what happens.

NATJAM WOOHOO!!!!

No comments: