Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Project Mayhem - Mission 1

Today I did Mission 1 of Project Mayhem. The missions died out back before, but now that there are a lot of people who are starting to get serious with their training, I think they might be able to keep on going.

The first mission was to pick a spot 3km away from your home, then run there and run back. You had to try to keep in a straight line for the run.

I decided to run to the top of Mt Ainslie from the base. I got a few friends to tag along, but it was a lot harder than i expected. The hill got extremely steep, and bush bashing didn't help. We made it to the top in about half an hour. We weren't able to run the whole way, but that could be expected because of the steepness of the hill. We made it back down in much less of the time, as it was down-hill all the way.

Overall it was an awesome session, and I feel like I've really accomplished something.

No comments: