Friday, February 22, 2008

A Series of Events

A few things have happened in the last few days.

Two days ago, I met up with Travis at Holder gym. It was the first time I had been to gym in a while. I mainly focused on precisions. I did a few underbars as well, to practice my technique. I was extremely exhausted by the end of the session. It felt good to get back into some solid training.

Yesterday we had an APA meeting to organise everything that was coming up. Before the meeting we did some light training. During the meeting, we discussed classes, NatSoc and other plans for the future. We have been a part of Youth Week again. Instead of running a class, like we did last year, we're going to perform a demo of the APA Instructors. It should definately be good publicity for parkour in canberra.

Today Brett came up from Cooma for some training. We met up wiht him in belco and sessioned aroudn there for a few hours. I also did a bit more filming for my video. Mainly rail precisions and arm jumps. Im getting a lot closer to the big arm jump at the library, much better than what I was getting with Conan when we last trained in belco. Josh also showed me a few more things that can be done at the derro apartments, so i'll have to go back there to have a go. The HUGE arm jump is still waiting for someone else other than Ruz to try, let along make.

Overall the last few days have been pretty good. Lots of parkour, which is the way I like it. I wont be able to do any more training for a week, which is okay as it will let my body rest from all the training I've been doing.

I've decided to get the 5.10 Freerunners, a new shoe that is coming out in 9 days. 9 DAYS! The 5.10 savants were pretty popular with traceurs around australia, so I'm going to give the Freerunners a go. I can't wait to have shoes with awesome grip.

No comments: