Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sydney Trip 2 - Day 2

Sunday was Day 2 of my sydney trip.

Eliot and I made our way to town hall. While we were waiting, we got confronted by some pretty drunk carzy guy. I could barely understand what he said, he just kept on rambling at us. Not in an attack, but just rambling about life in general. It was pretty funny.

Antek and Sammy soon arrived. BoD arriving soon after.

We made our way to Circular Quey. There we worked on a short class type structure, planning on what would be taught at the class. This included rail precisions, balance and concrete rolls. I really need to work on my rail precisions. They're the one thing that still freak me out every time. The one thing that I don't have down pat at a basic level even. The rolls were intense. We turned in into a challenge, of shirtless concrete rolls. This was a real test. I found that the rolls on my right shoulder were pretty good. I didn't feel any hard impacts anywhere, just scratches from the concrete. The rolls on my left shoulder though, werre another matter. I wasn't committing to them properly, so I came out badly from each one.

From there we started to make our way to pyrmont for the class. It started to rain on the way, but this soon cleared up. On the way we passed the Start City wharfed jump. Even though it is a lot smaller than the pyrmont wharf jump, I found it a lot harder. This was because the wharf was constantly swaying with the swell, which made it difficult to jump out, even balance on. In the end, myself and Eliot got it. it was a real achievement for Eliot, as he had looked at it numerous times before, but hadn't be able to do it.

So we finally made it to pyrmont. Eliot and I ended up going down to the wharf jump. The rain had dried up a bit, so it looked pretty good to do. I jumped first. The Eliot was able to psych himself up to get it. Another achievement for him. We jumped back to the land, then Eliot me doing the various wharf jumps.

From there we went up to the class, that had turned into a free time class, as it was pretty small. The class had moved up to the top of pyrmont. We played around in the tree a bit.

I then brought up the idea to Eliot about going to Ian Thorpe, as there wasn't much happening at the class, with no instruction happening.

So we said our goodbyes to some of the guys, then headed off to Ian Thorpe.

When we arrived there, we got a surprise of a new coffee shop that had opened on the corner there. It was their opening day, and were making free coffee and hot chocolates. Eliot and I made sure to make use of this offer.

Then we started training around the stairs. I started looking at things I could film. Originally looking at the arm jump at the lower stair set, I realised that I might be able to do the cat to arm. After a few attempts at working up to it, I got it! Adding a few arm to arms and a precision, we got some more footage for my video. With the boost of adrenaline that I had gotten from it, I went up to the higher stair set and did the bigger cat to arm. Man it felt good!

With the huge amount fo adrenaline pumping through, Eliot and I made our way to Harbour Side to meet some of the guys for dinner before we headed off. On the way I filmed the block dash, that I had done at NatJam '06. It was a lot easier this time, which shows how far I have progressed in skill in the last two years.

So we had some dinner with the guys, bought 17 cones, then got on the bus back to Canberra.

It was a really great trip. Less intense than my last trip to sydney, but still really enjoyable. I like training in sydney, as I'm training in new spots with new people. It has allows me to really test my progression.

A couple of the sydney guys plan on coming down to Canberra in a couple of weeks. Should be a good weekend. It will be interesting to see what they think of Canberra, and how they perform in our area.

Last night Samurai and I did the final filming for the Canberra Tourism commercial. All it involved was us running past the window a couple of times. Afterwards we had a drink with Che, and talked about how everything is going. He said that everything is nearly done. That they would be showing the ACT Minister and Canberra Tourism a couple of bits from the commercial. He also said that he'd give us a copy of all the footage. I'll be able to use some in my video! NatSoc also came up in conversation. Che had an idea of making a DVD of the event. This would be really good, as it will definately be something new in regards t0 the past NatJams.

So that sums up the last few days. I've been doing a lot of resting after sydney, as I'm pretty tired. I don't plan on doing much training over the next few days. Probably just go to FNC and then class, maybe pre class training. Next week I'll get back into the full swing of things.

No comments: