Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sammy & Antek Canberra Trip

Sammy and Antek came down to Canberra last weekend. It was good to see them again.

On saturday we hit up woden for a few hours. Sammy found this pretty big arm jump in the silver statue, that I had never seen before. it just comes to show what new pair of eyes can find. I got the cat to arm at the rails, something that I had never tried before.

From there we went to belco for the rest of the day. It was really good. Played around John Knight park for a bit. I accidentally stepped in the lake! Was good fun.

We finished up later that night. Didn't get a chance to take the guys to derro though. It will be something new for them when they come back for NatSoc.

On sunday we hit up civic for a bit. Played around in toast for a while. Then we headed over to DEWR after lunch. Antek and Sammy both got the massive arm jump. I'll have to give it another try when my wrist properly heals up. From there we went to the bus depot,then family court, and didn't get kicked out by security. I guess they don't work on sundays.

After that I took Sammy and Antek to the Jolimont Centre so that they could catch their bus back to sydney.

I was really good training with them. I can't wait until NatSoc when everyone is going to be here.

I've just bought a pair of Five Ten Savants. I'm interested in trying out a variety of shoes, to find out which one does it the best for me.

Speaking of which, I broke out my Dunlop Volleys for sunday training. Personally, I don't really like them. They tore apart pretty quickly, after only a few arm jumps, and they didn't provide much support. I didn't feel to confident using them, unlike the Five Ten Freerunners.

I'm also looking into getting a pair of Kalenjis. The shoes that they use in the UK. It will be interesting to see how they fair as well.

No comments: