Sunday, April 27, 2008

APA Class - Belco

Class was good today. We had 13 participants, with 6 who had come to classes before. We've gone back to the trend of only being able to retain half the class. This may be due to the weather, as we are now moving into winter, and people will be less inclined to come outdoors.

We went through the normal warmup, then taught dashes, catpasses, arm jumps and pop vaults. Then finished with a bit of conditioning but got rained out. So we went under cover, did some squats and burpees, then warmed down.

I did a bit of training during the class as well. I still have to work on my climb ups, more towards the strength and explosive side.

On friday I'm going down to Melbourne to do some serious progressive training with Chippa and the other guys down there. I will be there for about five days. You might be thinking, why can't I just do serious progressive training in Canberra? Well, one reason I'm going to Melbourne is for the people and the thinking that goes on down there. I always learn a lot when ever I talk/train with Chippa, which is why I want to go down to Melbourne. Hopefully I can learn some things to bring back to Canberra. I may even come back with my APA Instructor qualification.

I plan on documenting each day of my trip, but we'll have to see what happens.

No comments: