Saturday, May 3, 2008

Melbourne Trip - Day 1

Well I'm finally here in Melbourne. I arrived at 0610 on a bus, while it was still dark. Chippa said he'd pick me up, but he got mistaken and thought I was arriving later that night, instead of the morning. It was all good though, I just caught a train to his area wher he picked me up.

So I dropped my stuff in, had some breakfast, then we headed into the city.

We went to the Arts House, where Trace Elements are practicing for a show that they will be doing in the next few days. Most of their time has been spent preparing for this show. I hung around with the for a bit, playing around on their swcaffolding set.

After lunch I made my way into the city to meet the other Melbourne instructors for a games session. The Melbourne guys are starting to get involved in classes for after school care programs, so they were running a games session to play around with some games that they could use for the after school classes.

From there I went back to the Arts House to hang with the Trace Elements guys some more. I got to do a lot more playing on the scaffolding, getting one pretty big latche.

Overall the day was pretty good. I got to meet a lot of new people, the rest of the Trace Elements group, and some of the Melbourne Instructors. I also got lost on my way back to the Arts House from Southbank, but evetually found my way.

I haven't yet gone out to speciaifcally train with Chippa, which is oneof the reasons why I've comne down to Melbourne, as he has been busy with Trace Elements. I understand this, but I will hopefully get a lot of opportunities to train with a lot of the other Melbourne instructors.

We'll just have to see how the trip unfolds.

No comments: