Monday, May 5, 2008

Melbourne Trip - Day 3

Woke up at 9.

Chippa was awake when i had fi shed getting ready, so i did some stretching. I had a lot of DOMS from the last two days, so the stretching was a bit useful.

Had the normal breakfast with Chippa after he'd woken up. Then we headed off for town hall.

Met the guys there and just sat around with them. I did a bit mroe stretching with them.

After lunch I decided to go into the city and try some solo training. I went to the chinese gardens first, where i really worked in the hole with the good cat to arm. i first started do some arm to arms, then moved on to precisions. It helped with building up my confidence with precisions, as it was on a high obstacle with a small landing area. It helped by forcing me to land properly and committ to the jump. I tried the cat to arm but kept slipping down the wall. I also did a couple of cat to precisions on the rocks.

From there i made my way down to southbank. I think that I may have jarred my left elbow, so I didn't feel that good with trying any more things. So I did some balancing along the rails at southbank, then made my way back to town hall.

I got back a bit before the performance started.

The Trace Elements performance was incredible. I really took a lot out of it. It was really interesting to see how each of them moved. It really was the art of movement. I loved how they portayed what life as a traceur is like. How we start with warming up, doing dynamics stretches. Then moveing on to basic movements, to warm up the body, starting small. the building up to the big stuff, sizing it up, having the spotters, giving a half arsed attempt (which may turn into a bail, ut the spotters are there to save you), then going for the full committ. it was amazing to see the type of movents as well. Alex's bar work is incredible! The choreography with the jumps over the arms was excellent. Just being able to move i such a manner. it really shoed me why these guys are some of the best traceurs in australia. The show ended up being a huge success, the actual shows should be even better.

I remember Rhys talking about how people look at them and say "wow, that's awesome, i could never do that," but then he says "yes you can, all you have toi do is work for it, train up to it." I was thinking about that statement, and how it relates to myself. I watch the Trace Elements guys, and I see how amazing he stuff they do is. But I've come to realise that I'm not in state that I'm thinking I could never do that. When I think about it, I actually believe taht I can get as good as those guys, all I have to do is t5rain up to it. Some of the stuff they do, I think I could do as well, all I have to do is try it. It just comes to show that to be able to get good at anything, all you have to do si work for it, work towards that bigger goal.

So at the end of the day, we had dinner then helped Morgan push start his car. This was fun as it involved us psuhing his car down a hill, past all the traffic and people.

Tomorrow I may be able to get out and work through some things with Chippa that will go towards getting my instructor qualification. Then I might go out again to do another solo run, this time along southbank, depending on how I'm feeling.

1 comment:

ruoF said...

Yeah, did you get footage?