Friday, May 16, 2008

Recreation Summit Day 1

Today we had the ACT Sport and Recreation Councils Recreation Summit.

All we really did was stand by a tv playing the new Trace Elements videos, and talked to people about parkour, if they came up and asked.

We made an attempt to go and talk to some people, hand out flyers and such. There seemed to be a bit of an interest in that.

I got to talk to one of my old high school teachers, who is now high up in PE in the department of education. She said that she's is going to help with promoting parkour and the classes in school around Canberra, so we will definately be taking advantage of this opportunity.

We've also had it of interest from some people from different organisations around Australia.

On my way home I got a call from Rhys. Him and Shaun had arrived in Canberra. So I met up with them and grabbed some dinner. Just catching up and stuff, it was good. We might go out and do some training tomorrow afternoon.

For the Rec Summit tomorrow, we plan on meeting the group when they go for their morning walk. And do parkour around them during the walk. From there we'll be doing the same as we did today, but try to talk to more people.

I talked with Rob, our organiser for the Rec Summit, and he said he'd contacted the ABC people about our interview. He said that they had not yet finished editing it, but he will give me their contact details, so that I can contact them myself and see what's going on. At least I now have a contact to work with. Hopefully it will come out soon and we can all finally see the finished product.

No comments: