Friday, July 25, 2008

FNC

Had FNC tonight. It ended up only being Larkin and myself. Others were going to show up, but then were busy or couldn't be bothered. I really have to respect Larkin though, for constantly making the effort to train, if though he's only new. If he keeps at it, he will be able to go far.

The program was a lot shorter than expected.

Lazy vaults
Speed vaults
Cat Passes
Cat Pass Pulls
Rolls
Precisions
Quadrapedal
Two Foot Hops

The wall that I was planning on doing climb ups on, was a lot slippery than I thought it would be. Plus I was also extremely tired.

It just comes to show how a break from training, even for only a week and a half, can affect how hard you can train when coming back into it. I'm pretty sure that if I continue my training in the way that I have planned, I will be able to build up my endurance again, then move on to surpass it.

At the end of the session, I took Larkin through half an hour of stretches that I usually do after training. He asked me if I knew of any good websites for stretches, but since I didn't, I just took him through the stretches that I know and apply to my own training.

At the end of the session, we had been training for 3.5 hours, at night and in the cold! This is what self discipline is all about, pushing yourself to train in all conditions. Instead of giving up and taking the soft option.

No comments: