Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Civic Training

Didn't do any training yesterday.

I was studying for most of the day, for an exam that I had later in the afternoon.

After the exam I was out for the night celebrating my birthday. I'm not a teenager anymore, hitting the big 2-0.

Tonight I went out to train in civic. Brought along a work friend, who's interested in learning parkour. I'm thinking of making a small group of work friends, to teach parkour to. They will be my parkour disciples.

Met with Conan at noise wall. Did a few dynamic stretches, then moved on to toast.

Did a few things at toast, then Trav arrived. Kept training around toast. Did those massive precisions again. Man they're awesome. Then started doing some awesome cat to precisions. Conan showed me one that Rhys had found. I sized it up, then did it. Did it a few more times afterwards, to enforce that I could do it. Then for some reason, I moved to the opposite side of toast, and found a small cat to precision to do, which then lead on to finding a HUGE cat to precision. One that you have to power through the cat pass in order to make the distance for the precision. From there moved further around toast, to my big arm jump, and found another cat to precision. It was awesome. I've really gotten them down pat.

From there we made our way to customs. Trav wasn't too keen on getting kicked out, so we moved to the down stairs area of customs. Found a really big tic tac to arm, one that is just too big for us at the moment. So we started practicing climb ups. It's a really good spot to practice climb ups without having a bar or over grip for support. my climb ups have definately improved. I'm not able to have more power into the pull up, getting a better transition of hand placement, which then helps the dip movement. I just need to work on getting the transition even better, but I've definately made a lot more progression with my climb ups.

Made our way to DEWR. That's where ruoF met us. I looked at the arm jump, once again realised how big it was, then moved on. Conan found a cool arm jump to do, and Trav found a cat to arm. Conan then started doing some really stupid movements, of close dropping arms and weird cat to arms. They were so weird! I got a laugh out of doing them.

From there, Trav headed off, and we made our way back to toast, so that ruoF could do some stuff there. Conan soon left, so then it was only a small group of us at toast. I showed ruoF the massive cat to precisions I'd done. Then kind of just warmed down.

Grabbed some dinner at that new mexican joint, then headed home.

All in all it was a good session. Did a few big things, found some new things, but didn't push my body to it's limit. That's what FNC is for!

So I haven't stuck to my plan of training every day for 5 weeks. But I have learnt a lot from the amount of training that I have done recently. I now know that it actually isn't that hard to train every day. If you have any spare time, there is no excuse for not training. on study days, i can go and do some muscle up training, as it only takes an hour out of my time.

So here's my training plan for once academics start up again.

Monday - basketball training
Tuesday - muscle up training
Wednesday - basketball game
Thursday - muscle up training
Friday - FNC
Saturday - afternoon/night training
Sunday - APA class

The great thing about parkour, is that it's really flexible. I can do it whenever and wherever. it's just about making the effort to get out and train, no matter what the weather is like outside, or what physical condition you are in.

If you make the effort, it pays back.

"Train for yourself, not for others" is a motto that if kind of been training by since I got back from Melbourne. I've realised that if I want to go out and train, it shouldn't matter if nobody is going to come, I can just go solo. If i want to train in a certain way, then I should just do it. It shouldn't matter if others don't want to train that way, or can't make that session. One prime example is me starting the new FNC. So far not many people have showed up to it, but I know how much it has helped my progression, so I'm going to keep on doing it. I've already gone through the test of doing it solo in the cold and at night, so i know that there really isn't anything holding me back from it.

I'm really liking what my training has moulded into, and I can already see the progression. I LOVE IT!

1 comment:

ruoF said...

Man, I'm glad I got a mention but don't forget the little people!