Saturday, March 22, 2008

Civic Training

Today I met up with a couple of boys in civic to do some training. I was planning on not doing any training over this long weekend, but I wanted to try out my new shoes before the filming for the ad, which might be in two weeks time. I've decided that I'm not going to do any training until the filming, just working on strengthening my knees, so that Im fresh for when it happens.

Well, for todays session, a lot was accomplished. We started at noise wall, looking at all the normal things. We even found a new cat pass to precision, that I was pretty close to getting.

From there we moved on to toast, doing a few different things, some that I hadn't tried, like big cat passes and precisions. My greatest accomplishment was a huge arm jump that I had been looking at for a while, but had never pushed myself to try. Im glad I did now. I only did it once, but it felt so good to do.

From there we moved on to customs. It was awesome to train at customs again and not get kicked out. We did a lot of new things, like tic tac to arm jumps, but from different directions and using different feet. We then moved down to the ramps at the front of customs, where I found a new cat pass to precision, and worked on my climb ups a bit. It was so good to be able to train there for as long as we wanted.

After that we did some rail work at the car lot underneath toast, but soon moved on to warm down and go our separate ways.

Overall the session was awesome. Lasting for about 3 hours, we accomplished a lot of new things and trained in new areas. I have to train at customs more often, but figure out times where I wont get kicked off in 3 minutes.

No comments: