Tuesday, June 17, 2008

5.10 Freerunner shoes (over time)

So I've had my 5.10s for a few months now. So I thought I'd write up another review on them. How they've held up to my training.

The 5.10s are still just as grippy as they were when I first got them. The sole has worn down considerably at the front where I land from arm-jumps, but I guess that can be expected with this sort of training.

The 5.10s are still comfy and have moulded well to my foot. I've actually found that the inside sole has moulded to shape of my foot and toes.

One thing I was worried about with the 5.10s when I first got them was that my toes rubbed against the inside top of the shoe. I've now found that this had gone away, as I got more comfortable with them.

In regards to the durability, the 5.10s have stoof up to everything that I've thrown at them so far. The sole has a few minor cracks in the worn areas, but nothing serious. The support is still there, as well as the grip.

I'm definately happy with them and highly recommend them for any experienced traceur. The reason I say experienced is because the huge amount of grip can give people the false belief that they have good climbups, when they really don't. The will have them doing things that they wouldn't be able to do in other shoes, which can lead to bad technique. An experienced traceur should already know the technique, so the 5.10s are good in that they can take the experienced traceurs capabilities that one bit further.

No comments: