Sunday, June 15, 2008

Extreme Training Weekend Day 2

DAY 2 - Sat 14 Jun 08

PARTICIPANTS:
Myself
Eliot
Larkin
Travis


WODEN TRAINING
1100 - 1500

The session actually started at 10am, but I slept in so arrived late. I made the mistake of going out after FNC last night, so I was pretty tired.

I was really sore from FNC the night before. I now realised how hard I had actually trained.

Met up with Eliot and Larkin at the silver statue. Did a bit of balancing on the ledges, having close ground on one side, with a reasonably big drop on the other side. I took this idea from Shaun's blog, putting yourself in scary situations to make your mind freak out, but keeping your concentration and focus. This was to try and help me in not panicking in situations, this time was having a potential big drop that I could have fell down, but balancing on something that I would have little trouble balancing on at a smaller height. It was about training me to have the same confidence to move in any environment, no matter the situation. This one being an extreme height and drop.

Moving on from there we went down to the red block. Before the session, Eliot promised himself that he would do the arm jump, so after looking at it for a while, he finally did it. I filmed it for him, using some different angles, with different bits of environment in the way, such as a rail or wall. I thought that this added a good kind of urban style to it. he eventually had a pretty close bail, where he fell off backwards. Luckily his feet hit the ground first before he fell on his ass. It looked really funny when watched backwards in slow motion.

From there we moved down to the big rail and barbecue area. I managed top balance the legnth of the big rail. It helped that it was flat and not curved. From there3 I foudn a good precision with a reasonable drop beneath it. I didn't give it a go though, because I was pretty sore and I didn't think my knee would be able to take the landing. Eliot gave it a try, made it, but banged his knee in the process.

From there we went to lunch, where Travis met up with us.

After that we went to the black ramps, where i found a good cat to precision, and looked more at the cat to arm. I didn't give it a try but saw a 100m long rail in the car park that was close by. So i ran over to it, balanced the whole thing, with some falls but I just got back on then kept on going. Then I balanced it backwards. i found that balancing it backwards takes a lot longer than forwards, as you can't see where you are going and have to concentrate a lot more.

From there we played a bit on the rails, but eventually went our separate ways.

I took Eliot back to my place so that we could buy the domain name for the new Canberra Parkour forum that we've been making. It's still in the making, I'm leaving a lot of the work to Eliot. The reason that we're making our own forum, and not sticking with PKAUS or APA, is that we want something that can be more organised. Something that can have different sections for different things, where with APA and PKAUS, we only have one section for everything. I'm hoping that the whole Canberra community will move away from PKAUS and use this new site. We'll leave links to the new forum within the PKAUS forum. It will just be like when we made the jump from the Urban Freeflow forum to the PKAUS forum. I will still be using the APA forums though, posting up all major information.

Overall the day was pretty good, I didn't do too much serious training, as I was still feeling really sore from FNC the night before.

No comments: