Saturday, June 21, 2008

Balance

Did a light session of training today. Just worked on my balance.

I headed down to the civic bus depot, where there's that massive rail.

I was originally planning on doing 10 laps, that would have been a total of 750m approximately. But I stopped at 6.5 laps, as I was running out of time.

So, in total I did about 450m of balance. Just normal balance, but I also added in holding a full squat on the rail at the end of each lap. I found that it was pretty hard to go from a standing to a squating position on the rail, then go back up into a standing position facing the opposite direction.

I know that my balance has definately improved over the years.

Balance is something that slowly gets better, without you even realising. You only come to notice the progression when there has been a massive improvement in your balance.

I've continued to stick to my plan of training every day for 5 weeks straight. I've just gotten past my first week.

We'll just have to see if I can stick to it.

No comments: