Friday, June 20, 2008

FNC

I'm sitting in my chair, typing away on my computer, and I'm exhausted, completely and utterly destroyed. But I love it!

This new FNC is great. It's constantly changing, as I still haven't found that one perfect program to start as a basis.

The best part of FNC tonight, was that I had people to train with. Conan and ruoF joined me. It was so much easier to push myself, as there was someone there to always provide encouragement whenever i felt like stopping, giving me that extra bit of motivation to make it to the end.

Did the lazys, speed vaults and cat passes. Decided on something extra to add to the cat passes, to help with power through the arms.

Only did 60 rolls, with the pullups and dips for every ten. Coming to the end of the rolls, I tried a different technique, kind of like diving forwards and throwing a lot of speed into it. I surprisingly found that this really helped. It made my rolls on both sides really smooth. Both sides! I was also not rolling on my hip, but rolling on the meaty areas of the back, the ones that I've been trying to work towards. The next test will be to try them on concrete.

From there we moved to toast, working on precisions. Only did 50, yet the that was really tiring. Every ten we paused to throw in some upper body work, like pushups, reverse pushups and dips. I think I'll try to go for the full 100 next week.

From there we moved on to customs. Started doing the arm jump to climb up to turn vault
t sets. I've found that my climb ups have had a dramatic improvement. I worked on the idea I learnt from J last night, keeping my arms straight through the whole climb up. Keeping my arms straight forces my legs to push in the pendulum motion that Chippa was trying to teach me in Melbourne. I think that would have to be the best advice for climb ups, keep your arms straight for as long as possible. I showed ruoF this, and he got them practically straight away! Only got to do about 15 sets, before we got moved on. I think that we'll have to find a new place. I was actually thinking of the wall underneath toast. We can practice wall runs off both feet, then go into proper climb ups. I say proper in that there is no bar or over grip to assist you.

We decided to cut away the balancing. It was just so far away and we were so tired. The sets at customs really took it out of us.

So we moved on to the stairs at the canberra theatre. Did the quadrapedal. Then moved on the the upper body and hops work. It really took it out of us, to the point of being barely able to move. It was so good! ruoF even got to the point of throwing up. It shows that he really pushed himself.

So the session lasted for only about 3 hours, but man I'm exhausted. I now realise that FNC is not just technique and strength conditioning, but also mental conditioning. Building your mental strength to just keep on going, keep pushing yourself to the very edge.

I'm probably going to be really sore tomorrow. It's great!

No comments: