Thursday, June 19, 2008

Civic Training

Did some training in civic tonight. Met up with ruoF and Trav to start with.

We hit up toast a bit, where J soon found us. Did a couple of precision, vaults, the usual. Nothing too big.

From there we made our way to customs to try our luck. We were there for ages. I got a really good sesh of just moving around. Lots of tics tacs, arm jump and turn vaults. From there I focussed on tic tac arms on the side area. I'm getting them pretty good. Did a few climb ups as well. Im finding that my climbups are improving. I seem to be getting more power into them as well as better technique. Did a couple of arm to arms in the stair. Also found a good cat to precision, where the cat to arm is, that I want to work towards later on. Eventually we got moved on. Got to meet that awesome security guard again, the one I met at FNC last week. Had another chat with him, then we headed off.

Thats when Trav headed off.

Made our way to CIT. Hung around a bit in the stairs area where the big arm jump is. It was starting to get pretty wet, os we were a bit restricted. J helped me out in improving my climbups on slippery walls. The one thing is to try and keep my arms straight, which forces me to proeprly use my feet, pushing them into the wall and not down it. Hopefully if I keep practicing this, I will eventually get more power into it and be able to incorporate my arms to get it even better. Another thing for me to work towards.

From there we did a couple of precisions on the rocks, and player around the stairwell where the big foot trial is. I've found that my pop vaults have gotten better, mainly because my climb ups have gotten better. Is good to see how different techniques assist each other.

From there J left, then me and ruoF did a bit of silence training. Just trying to move aroudn staying as quiet as possible.

Got bored of that so we met up with James at customs again. Hoping to not get kicked out. We were there for about 15 minutes, then got moved on. Got to do a few more tic tac arms before security came. I just can't get enough of them!

From there we headed to toast, but all I really did was stretch and warm down. It was starting to rain a bit, and we'd already done a lot of training.

Went and grabbed some dinner, then we all went our separate ways.

Overall it was a good session. Did about 2 hours of decent training. I only did light training, to save my energy for FNC tomorrow. I may not be training by myself this time! Conan said that he'd be coming. ruoF asid that he'd come too. it will be good to have people to train with, as solo training can get depressing at times, especially during the tough moments that I talked about before. Having people training with you gives you that motivation to keep on going, pushing yourself that one bit further. I'll also be able to do the partnered work during the strength conditioning. I can't wait!

No comments: