Friday, June 6, 2008

FNC

Tonight was going to be the night that I had tried out the plan for the new and intense FNC.

Turned up at noise wall, to find that nobody had come. So I trained by myself.

Started with the normal dynamic stretches warmup. Then moved into speed vaults. On about the 15th speed vault, I hit my left knee pretty hard into the concrete. it hurt a fair amount, and still hurts now after icing it. Hopefully it will be better in the morning. From there I tried to push through the discomfort, finishing the speed vaults and cat passes.

From there I ran to Glebe Park, where I tried doing rolls, but found that my newly sustained knee injury was preventing me from doing them.

Looking through the rest of my program, I realised that this injury was going to prevent me from doing most of the techniques and strength conditioning.

While at Glebe Park, I did the lower and upper body part of the strength conditioning.

Having this injury, as well as training by myself, I realised that I was losing a lot of motivation to train. I felt like giving up and just going home. I managed to get through 2 set sof the lower and upper body strength conditioning, but then stretched and went home.

This is waht I ended up getting done.
- 40 speed vaults (10 on each arm off each foot)
- 40 cat passes (20 off each foot)
- 40 sit ups
- 40 pushups
- 40 leg raises
- 40 diamonds
- 40 crunches
- 40 wide pushups
- 30 sitting dips
- 10 bar dips
- 8 pull ups
- 5 pistols (right leg)
- 20 reverse pushups

I'm disappointed at myself for not pushing further through the training. I'm also annoyed that I let myself get injured. I wasn't concentrating and paid for it pretty quickly.

So in the end, I only did about a quarter of the training I was planning on doing. The session lasted for about one and a half hours, but I'm not happy with that.

Next week, I'm going to make sure that I concentrate when training, so that I don't make stupid mistakes at the very beginning of the session that prevent me from continuing further into the session.

No comments: