Sunday, June 8, 2008

APA Belco Class

Today we had class at belco once again.

23 Participants. Only 3 were new, which really shows that our retention has definately improved.

We had an injury before the class had even started. One of the guys was doing flipos and landed sideways, twisting his ankle. It swelled up pretty quickly.

So I took him to hospital. After some xrays we found out that he had fractured his ankle. Not good. I stayed with him a bit while we waited to see a doctor, but later I had to leave to get back before the class finished.

Only Conan, Eliot and Trav were left top run the class. I think they did a really good job, as the class was running pretty smoothly when I got back.

They told me that one of the kdis had gotten injured during the class. Clipped a cat pass and feel off a small wall or something.

Why do people not think when training!?

At the end of the class, we brought the group together to tell them about how parkour can be dangerous when not done properly. We stressed how you have to train smartly and safely.

In other things, my knee is still hurting a bit. Not when I'm doing nothing, jkust when I apply force to it. I think that i've just bruised it and that the swelling is pushing the knee cap, providing discomfort when I move my joint. There isn't any serious pain, just discomfort when I move it.

This means that I've had to cancel my filming session with Eliot, that was planned for tomorrow. Hopefully it all gets sorted out so that I can train next weekend, when the Mega Training Weekend is on.

No comments: